Re: A fork of MC

Hi Pavel,

On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 15:46 +0300, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
Recent events showed me that there is no reason for me to hang around
anymore. Obviously I've managed to piss everyone involved in the
development of MC despite the fact that I was trying only to help
improve MC.

I can handle being pissed once in a while ;) . And I've never doubted
your intentions towards the project. It's just that it's sometimes hard
to communicate with you in a constructive way.

All my efforts to help with the development i.e.  by reviewing
and coding patches, debugging, etc are in vain.

Why do you think so? I think your efforts aren't wasted at all. I think
the project has moved quite a bit forward in the last year, partially
thanks to your efforts. It's just that if you work together with a bunch
of people in an anarchistic project like mc you have to learn to deal
with your expectations. This is as true for you as it is for me.

As such I decided to move
forward and create a fork of the project. In any case I'll be supporting
and maintaining the Cygwin package of MC as I did before.

I'm not sure if it makes any difference if I'd ask you to stay on board
or that I would achieve just the opposite but all I can say is please
do.

Regards,
Leonard.