Re: A fork of MC

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 03:46:09PM +0300, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
Hi Pavel,

Recent events showed me that there is no reason for me to hang around
anymore. Obviously I've managed to piss everyone involved in the
development of MC despite the fact that I was trying only to help
improve MC. All my efforts to help with the development i.e.  by reviewing
and coding patches, debugging, etc are in vain. As such I decided to move
forward and create a fork of the project. In any case I'll be supporting
and maintaining the Cygwin package of MC as I did before.
I always appreciate your good job and the willing of maintain a clean and
good code.
I was wondering if the previous *dis-agreement* with the others and your
intention to fork the mc development from the current can be a good reason
to divorce from here.
I mean you and the others can have different motivation and reason to
drive the mc development to *the* correct road, not to yours or his.

My huge suggestion is to keep on staying here and try to try to seriously
manage the relationship with other developers/users, discussing a few
rule/agreements.
I personally think it is a pity to loose any of you, when (maybe) it is a
matter of point of view, isn't it?

Then who will break them, will be blame for his behaviour!

Please, don't fork.

Thank you in advance

Cheers

SteX
--
GPG key = D52DF829    --    SteX    --    <stefano melchior openlabs it>
Keyserver: http://keyserver.kjsl.com, User#324592, http://counter.li.org