Re: Problem while viewing rotated log files

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
The problem with all this is that the file command does not
reliably test the file type inside b/gzipped files so we have to do
some trickery.

Does the attached patch fix the issue (adds a test for the location
/var/log)?

The patch didn't work for me, but I see what it's trying to do. It
wouldn't work for me anyway because my logrotate doesn't bzip2 its
victims. If I have time later I will mess around with it myself and see
what I can do.