mc control keys produce garbage 2.6.11.12

Hi Mc!

I have a question on what to do next.

On a kernel with Ruby multi-seat Linux 2.6.11.12 using
the mc control keys, they produce garbage.

For example: invoke mc, point to a file, hit F5, menu
comes up, and do Ctrl-p.

Normally that would produce the previous command
invoked.

On that system it produces a garbage character.

Question: where would I go to debug that? I realize it
is not an mc problem, but whose problem is it?

Thanks!

Hugo

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com