Re: Problem while viewing rotated log files

Hello Leonard,

Leonard den Ottolander <leonard den ottolander nl> wrote:

Viewing most .[1-9] files with groff and putting the exception on the
specific log file paths really seems the most sensible thing to do.

I agree. Anyway most of lof files are placed in */log/* and */logs/*
despite of their location. And due to my experience no other files are
rotated in any case, so .[1-9] is common to manpages and logfiles
only.
So, */log/* and */logs/* covers almost all possible situations.
I'm looking forward for a patch correcting this problem.

By matching for */log/* or */logs/* most .[1-9] files are viewed using
groff. I consider this a good thing. Plus the user can override this,
but not the other way around.

I don't see a way to override this... As I've said before, viewing in
raw mode makes bzip'ed files unreadable.

--
Best regards,
 Oleg Tarasov                          mailto:subscriber osk com ua