Re: Problem while viewing rotated log files

Hello Pavel,

On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 15:10, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
Roland, I've made a suggestion and I've pointed out that hardcoding a path
is not a good thing. If you've found a way which will suite all computer
system in the wild world go ahead and implement it. There is no need to
try to convince me .

As we can not use file -z at this point all we can do is find the best
workaround that will suit most users. Putting the exception on */log/*
and */logs/* seems to match that criterium. Of course it is not an ideal
solution but it is an improvement over the current situation so we can
use it for now. "Perfect is the enemy of good" as some guy once said.

Please feel free to submit patches to handle this more elegantly by
using filters or whatever. Although IMO the best solution would be to
fix file -z so we can use types consistently.

You should also consider that because not all referenced binaries are
necessarily available on each system mc.ext is a likely candidate to be
patched downstream anyway.

Leonard.