Re: Problem while viewing rotated log files

Hello,

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005, Roland Illig wrote:

Pavel Tsekov wrote:
I can assume that on a decent distro the manpages go in the same location
more or less. I.e. the package maintainers build the packages with common
set of directories. So this idea is not as bad as you seem to imply. And
it was merely a suggestion after all.

If you only consider the standard Linux distributions, it might work.
But in larger systems (universities, etc.), software is distributed all
over the file system. You cannot assume that all man pages are in the
man page directory of mc.

Roland, I've made a suggestion and I've pointed out that hardcoding a path
is not a good thing. If you've found a way which will suite all computer
system in the wild world go ahead and implement it. There is no need to
try to convince me .