Re: mc vs UTF-8 in Fedora Core 3

Hi Michelle,

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 18:03, Michelle Konzack wrote:
In Fedora Core 3 (which uses utf8 by default), I tried both mc-4.6.1-0.12.FC
and mc-4.6.1a-0.8 (development) but still face the problem. Any hint around
this problem? Is there any way to get mc working fine w/ utf8 or maybe mc is
not the culprit there?

Please note, that RedHat is using there own patch.

Not exactly. The original patch was from a Red Hat developer (Jakub
Jelinek) and depends on fixes to slang that I believe first appeared in
Debian (?). The latest extensive improvements to this patch are from a
SuSE developer (Vladimir Nadvornik) and were sort of adopted and cleaned
up by me (in the sense that some non UTF-8 related parts have been
merged in CVS). Lately some fixes were made by Jindrich Novy (Red Hat)
and some patches from Egmont Koblinger (UHU Linux) still need to be
reviewed.

So better you ask the Developpers of RedHat.

The people that develop this patch also hang out here. Even though this
patch will not be accepted upstream I feel this is the appropriate
channel to discuss it.

Leonard.