clear revisited

Hi,

A while ago I supported someones claim that exiting mc in a terminal
left the cursor in the middle of the screen and did not correctly save
the cursor position.

At the time it seemed that this was a problem of the gnome terminal.
When I changed to xterm, the problem disappeared.

However, I have found, that in 1 case the problem still exists in xterm
too. If you start out not maximized, create a full display, f.i. using
"ls -l" in a big directory, then do mc and maximize, then exit mc, it
will not return correctly. I have to do a "clear" to not have the next
output being mixed with the previous output.

If you take the same action in an already maximized window, everything
functions fine. The cursor starts *after* all the previous mess.

My conclusion is, it is not entirely gnome-terminal related, but is
reproducible in multiple terminal managers. It also is a minor problem,
but I suppose it can't hurt to have it noted.

Thanks for an excellent file manager system, midnight commander. I enjoy
using it every single day.

Guus.
--
A.J. Bonnema <abonnema xs4all nl>