Annoying Hint bar

Hello!

I have to say that MC rules!

I've been using it since I first met Linux more than 4 years ago. But, now,
I am having a problem with the lastest MC 4.6.0

I compiled it today and I've got the hint bar (the line above the prompt),
that starts in the middle of the ling. I don't know how to explain it well,
but I'll put this example:

If the advice is this: "Hint: If you want to see your .* files, say so in
the Configuration dialog"

I'll see something like this:
                                    VC0 Hint: If you want to see your .*
files, say so in [root localhost /root] the Configuration dialog"

Please, I find the hint bar pretty useful, I don't want to hide it. How can
I find a solution for this!

Thanks in advance,

Santiago