Re: wyse terminal help

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Doug Minett wrote:

Interesting. When I tried the mc > test_file, an error message appeared as
follows:

subshell.c couldn't get terminal settings: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Would using a Digi serial controller affect this?

I don't think so.  What ioctls are appropriate for certain devices is
determined by the kernel, but hardware related errors usually return
different error codes.

The beginning of the test_file had escape sequences which looks like the
ti= [string of escape sequences for the wy60ak]. Attached is the
beginning of the string up to the "hint text". Unfortunately the screen
gets screwed up almost immediately, so it is pretty difficult to pick a
sequence which screws it up more. Does this look normal?

Yes, it looks normal on the emulator.  So the emulator doesn't emulate
your terminal exactly.  Try to interpret the sequences manually and see
which of them are interpreted differently.  I don't think I can discuss it
further because the problem doesn't seem to be related to GNU Midnight
Commander.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin