Re: gentoo MC info

----- Original Message -----
From: Pavel Roskin <proski gnu org>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:29:05 -0500 (EST)
To: raptor <raptor tvskat net>
Subject: Re: gentoo MC info

Hello!

# ChangeLog for gnome-extra/mc

You would have saved me some time if you looked for this information
before asking me.  I would never guess it.  I even tried "doc" and admin",
but not "gnome-extra" :-)

I don't see anything particularly interesting in the ChangeLog, and
cvs.gentoo.org is refusing http and CVS connections now.  I'll try it
later.

I cannot see anything related to the default background.  I case I wasn't
clear, proper fix will require testing with several versions of S-Lang,
which is quite time consuming, but I'll do it.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin

Hi,

   I guess I can clear some things up for you :), As I am the current maintainer of MC on Gentoo.
Our current stable version is a plain vanilla 4.6.0_pre1 no patches applied and built just as u
would by rolling your own.  Any other versions in our tree are just patched with snapshots no
extra patches applied, but these versions are masked due to a problem some people are having with
man2hlp filling their build directory.

Regards,
Brad Cowan
General Developer