transparent MC ?

is there a way to make mc transparent instead of blue ?
I remeber that in the Konsole (KDE app) it was a option of the Konsole-app to make mc look transparent...
For the same thing for multi-gnome-terminal, I had to mumble alot until i get descent colors (still not
transparent).. now my gnome-terminal (Gnome2) has transparency but as u know MC is not...

can i do it.. or probably how Konsole is doing it.. (just making the blue color - transparent, or !? ), can
similar thing be achieved with terminal-stuff ?

thanx alot in advance
raptor