Re: App. faults in X-term from F-3

Hello, Ron!

  I just compiled mc-4.5.54-2001-07-13-00.tar.gz and
I still get:

  with a text file highlighted (or any other kind)

Could you please give a bit more details next time?  What is
"highlighted"?  Are you using `Ins' or what?  Does anything depend on
that?

if I press:   | in console use I get: | in X-term I get:
________________|_______________________|_________________
F-1           | help                  | nothing
F-2           | user menu             | same as F-9  *
F-3           | enter viewer          | mc app. faults
F-4           | enter editor          | nothing

F-5           | copy                  | nothing

F-6 to F-10 work normally

 * F-9 normally drops down the right panel menu, F-2 first
drops the left panel menu, after F-9 is pressed, F-2 drops
the same menu as F-9.

This means that F2 does what F19 (Shift-F9) is supposed to do.

What is "mc app. faults"? Do you get a coredump?  I suppose that if F2
works as F19 that F3 may behave as F20 (Shift-F10), which exits without
prompt.  It's not a fault, it's how it should work.

  The icons of the function keys work normally, just too hard
for me to hit with my poor eyesight.

You are always skipping what _you_ are doing.  I believe you mean that
pressing the keybar with the mouse works.  Then it must be a problem with
your terminal or X-server, not with MC.  MC can only compensate for this -
you could try Option -> Learn Keys in the MC menu to redefine keys in MC.

  I use enlightenment with Slackware Ver. 7.1
  With E-term or X-term or rxvt terminals.
(E-term is enlightenment's terminal program)

If you are trying to say that the results are the same with all three
terminals, then I would think that something is wrong either with X Server
or (less likely) with Enlightenment.

  The problem I downloaded the new version had been cured.

New version of what?  MC?  Enlightenment?  Eterm?  What version?  And what
problem?

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin