Re: Trying to debug: text entry fields not acceptin 'j' or 'd' character

On Tue, 9 Feb 2016, Russell Urquhart wrote:

So now we come to my question, what lib, etc., in mc would be responsible for handling text entry. Is that gettext? i DO know that for the mac mini, i am using an earlier version of gettext (0.19.4) and an earlier version of pkg-config (0.28). I still need to see what variances for the other pieces on the mac mini, but i just wanted to see if anyone could shed some light on this?

Gettext is an i18n library and thus unlikely to be the cause of the problem. I would first look at SLang if I were you, it's a screen library and might indeed have something to do with your issue.

Are the versions of Mac OS X and system libraries identical on both machines? If not, this adds yet another degree of freedom...

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev