Re: Midnight Commander slow to start

On 25 March 2013 22:55, Tino Reichardt <list-mc mcmilk de> wrote:

The timeout is 5 seconds, but it seems, there are 4 of them... which
makes the starting of mc on such systems at least 20 seconds long :(

For me it was taking around 29 seconds for MC to start, quite
consistently on this (home) PC. The primary DNS server is my DSL
router.

I ran into the same issue at work. If I remember well there MC started
a bit faster, I think in around 23 seconds.