[debian mc maintainer wanted] Re: mc stable 4.8 vs. precise pangolin

> What needs to be done for that?  Figure out Ubuntu's release schedule (when
> is the version freeze etc.), talk to the maintainer of MC package, release
> the first stable of 4.8 branch (4.8.1.1) rather soon than late (I'm almost
> sure they wouldn't include an officially non-stable release in LTS) ??? --

Yeah. Debian just needs one active mc maintainer who would _push_ latest
stuff to sid at least on a regular basis. Patrick is too busy to handle that
righ now.

mc developer team will be happy to offer any help in packaging mc up.

--

  Sergei