autogen.sh failure

Hi,

I would like to build my own mc on my iMac running Lion (OS/X 10.7.2).

I cloned the git repository and ran ./autogen.sh but that threw
following error:

configure.ac:62: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_WARN
      See the Autoconf documentation.

I reran the script as sh -x autoconf.sh to find out where it failed
exactly and I have attached the zipped output.

I checked the prerequisites mentionned in the above document:

$ autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.61
This is free software.  You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.

Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

$ automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.10
Written by Tom Tromey <tromey redhat com>
       and Alexandre Duret-Lutz <adl gnu org>.

$ gettext --version
gettext (GNU gettext-runtime) 0.18.1
Copyright (C) 1995-1997, 2000-2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Written by Ulrich Drepper.

$ pkg-config --version
0.25

I am not sure how to test the version of the glib library, so I decided
to run autogen.sh and see what happens.

The above occurs with the master branch as well as with the 4.8.1-stable
branch. It does not occur with the 4.7.5-stable branch.

Please advise how to fix the AC_MSG_WARN error.

With kind regards,
Thanks in advance,

Guido

--