Re: Re[2]: Further Midnight Commander development

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 3:02 PM, Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov gmx net> wrote:
> Hello Denys,
>
> Monday, February 16, 2009, 3:15:45 PM, you wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 7:20 PM, Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov gmx net> wrote:
>>> You might not be aware but I am (still) one of the two official MC
>>> maintainers.
>
>> De jure, maybe you are. De facto, the project is an orphan.
>
>> How many more times do I need to submit my patches
>> to get your attention?
>
> If I am not mistaken most of your patches were incomplete  and you
> wouldn't bother to fix them.

Oh really. I just checked.

http://mlblog.osdir.com/gnome.apps.mc.general/2004-10/index.shtml
http://www.mail-archive.com/mc-devel gnome org/msg05103.html

24/10/2004 - I posted the patch for the 1st time
sometime later - I added it to bug database as well
07/11/2005 - patch was rediscovered and an active discussion started
(which means there was more than one reply per year)
12/08/2006 - patch got applied

By this time, of course, I didn't track the fate of the patch.

THREE YEARS for a teensy patch like this???!!

http://mlblog.osdir.com/gnome.apps.mc.general/2004-10/txt4mW4MB9qlO.txt

You are glacial.

Another patch, which I posted more than once, and this one
is not applied:

http://www.mail-archive.com/mc-devel gnome org/msg05526.html

You didn't even have any objections. You just dropped the ball.

You know, I have more interesting things to do in this life
than spending three more years getting it applied.
Especially that it is a bit bigger, who knows, maybe
I'm being optimistic about three years here...

--
vda