Re: [Fwd: Re: memory leak with quick view]

Yury V. Zaytsev said:     (by the date of Sun, 20 Dec 2009 16:05:25 +0100)

> 4.7.0-pre4-206-g8791773
>
> Be sure to back up your ~/.mc, uninstall & purge previous package /
> remove old config files and only then install the new one.

I purged mc with aptitude. I'm not sure what unremoved files (from
some debian packages mess??) should I be looking for. I keep my PC
clean and only .debs are installed. So purging a package in aptitude
should work as expected...

$ ls /usr/share/mc
ls: cannot access /usr/share/mc: No such file or directory

Also I did  `mv .mc .mc-OLD`
Then I installed the new version.

Those problems are still present. Do I need to select some other skin?
- gray directory names (not white)
- quick view on binary files breaks display

$ mc -V
GNU Midnight Commander 4.7.0-pre4-206-g8791773

~$ locale
LANG=pl_PL
LC_CTYPE=pl_PL
LC_NUMERIC=POSIX
LC_TIME=pl_PL
LC_COLLATE=C
LC_MONETARY=pl_PL
LC_MESSAGES=POSIX
LC_PAPER=pl_PL
LC_NAME=pl_PL
LC_ADDRESS=pl_PL
LC_TELEPHONE=pl_PL
LC_MEASUREMENT=pl_PL
LC_IDENTIFICATION=pl_PL
LC_ALL=

Please don't force me to utf8, I never have time for that. I would need
to reconfigure every customized app.

in attachment you'll find some screenshots.
Mind, that this is 'mc' started with directory ~/.mc totally removed.