Re: [Fwd: Re: memory leak with quick view]

Yury V. Zaytsev said:     (by the date of Sun, 20 Dec 2009 14:48:52 +0100)

> On Sun, 2009-12-20 at 14:45 +0100, Janek Kozicki wrote:
> > During compilation of debian package there were some problems with
> > file called mc.menu.sr, maybe that's related.
> >
> > I had to copy the file "in realtime" to the proper place into dir
> > `debian/tmp/.../usr/mc` during compilation. Only then the
> > `debian/rules binary` wouldn't crash during *.deb generation.
> >
> > I used the debian packaging scripts from squeeze.
>
> You should have used latest SVN as I indicated earlier:
>
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/m/mc.html
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-mc
> svn://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-mc

Are you probably telling me that there is an unreleased into
debian experimental a version of debian packaging scripts?
But how do I download that debian SVN trunk?

I only get:

$ svn checkout "http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-mc/trunk/";
svn: OPTIONS of 'http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-mc/trunk': 200 OK (http://svn.debian.org)

and nothing is downloaded.

Apparently in debian squeeze/sid/experimental there is exactly the same
version of those scripts for amd64.

I used the latest mc git from

  git clone git://midnight-commander.org/git/mc.git

but with older debian packaging scripts.

Here's what I've done:

# apt-get source mc
# rm -rf mc-4.7.0-pre1
# git clone git://midnight-commander.org/git/mc.git
# mv mc mc-4.7.0-pre1
# gunzip mc_4.7.0-pre1-3.diff.gz
# patch -p0 < mc_4.7.0-pre1-3.diff
# cd mc-4.7.0-pre1
# chmod 755 debian/rules
# echo "" > debian/patches/series
# fakeroot debian/rules binary

(during compilation copy in another terminal the mc.menu.sr)

Also I tried another variant, without emptying
`debian/patches/series` but only removing those patches that had
conflicts.

sorry for uncarefully written emails, I'm in real hurry.