Re: Further Midnight Commander development

Hey,
[removed some private stuff]

> 1) why not asking for git on savannah?
As trac needs a local git.
> 2) is it mc on savannah doomed?
Well.. the bugtracker there is ugly.. there is too much spam, cvs is very
ancient, git is so much better.
> 3) Why not officially close it?
My intention is to set up a new place to officially develop mc and then ask the
people who are responsible for the webpage and the savannah stuff to forward
visitors to the trac. And add a big fat note into the cvs that the development
has moved into git.
Is there something else which have to be done in order to move the development
officially into a new place?

It would be cool if someone would help me with speaking with savannah and
ibiblio.org in order to place there informations that the official site is
located now elsewhere. (I'm currently set up the trac, after I'm ready i'll
point you to the link)

Greetings
Winnie

--
 . '' ` .   Patrick Winnertz <winnie debian org>
:  :'   :   proud Debian developer, author, administrator, and user