Re: Bugs should be reported to mc-devel gnome org

Btw., please, keep MC related talk on list - do not address it to
my personal mailbox.

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Pavel Tsekov wrote:

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Jeremy Dawson wrote:

Pavel Tsekov wrote:
On Tue, 3 Apr 2007, Jeremy Dawson wrote:

I appear to have started this ghastly program by hitting some key
accidentally on my keyboard.

So, you decided to share with the whole world...

No, I emailed to precisely the address given on the Linux man page;
if the address was inappropriate, don't blame me.  If the address was
appropriate and you don't like receiving such email you should get yourself off the list anyway. Which would probably be a good idea (see below).

I don't understand how what you describe qulifies as a problem or a bug ?

A menu suggested typing 1 for help.  I did this. A screen came up with
some information, which did not include either how to quit the program
or indeed how to get out of the help screen.

You must have been living under a rock if you have no idea how to use
a Norton Commander clone.

Not so - we don't all use the same software you do

Anyway, it's not that hard - you just have to
look at the last line of your screen - a list of useful shortcuts is
presented to you.

As I recall, before I entered the help screen (there was a list of 8 shortcuts, including help, but not including quit). Once I'd entered the help screen there was a list of 3 shortcuts, none of them relevant

If you don't believe me you could start the program again and see for yourself. Look at the lower right corner of the screen.

[cut some random crap]

It would be nice if software as intrusive as this was made a little more
 user-friendly.

It would be nice if the device between the computer moniter and the
chair could actually think.

You're not only too stupid to realise that the rest of the world can't guess what you know, have been taught, learnt from using Norton Commander, or whatever, but you're too nasty to be willing to think of it from the user's perspective

I don't tolerate ignorant people.