[bug #19486] File properties lost on the way

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: 4.6.0
        Operating System: GNU/Linux

Details:

When copying program source files, date and time of the destination file are
set to current if the owner of the destination file is not the same as the
owner of the source file. In a group of software developers we do not want to
let all of them use the root account. Of course, first removing the
destination files is an option, but sometiomes there's a LOT of files we need
to copy. Any known workaround appreciated.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?19486>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/