Re: [bug #18136] MC wont work with new bash-3.2 propeply with all directories.

Hello Pavel,

On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 13:27 +0200, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> > Yes, I read that comment. However I'm not prepared to start breaking the
> > functionality of shells that I never use.
>
> This is a rather strange statement. As a developer you should try to
> go beyond your personal preferences.

As I have limited time I will not be implementing a solution where we
replace echo -e with printf. It's not that I don't prefer such a
solution, it's just that I will not be implementing it as it will take
me too much time. As we are faced with an acute breaking when using bash
>= 3.2 I am prepared to create a patch that fixes the octal issue.

Please let me know if you will be fixing the issue properly by replacing
echo -e with printf. If not I will create a fix for the octals issue as
the breakage of bash > 3.2 needs to be fixed.

Leonard.