Re: [bug #18136] MC wont work with new bash-3.2 propeply with all directories.

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Pavel Tsekov wrote:

Ok. Since I am not native english speaker I cannot judge whether
he is recommending it or not. In any case I can see why keeping
the old behaviour of 'echo' is important for large scripts, however
what we have in MC is nothing as big. I just feel that what Leonard
is proposing is a hack and not an actual solution.

Anyway - perhaps 3.3 (I'm seeing too many reports of syntax errors in existing scripts to bother with 3.2.x).

Does this mean that you think that bash 3.3 will reinstantiate the old behaviour ?

Not for this ("echo -e" is a dead issue, though some of the discussion there touches on other problems). But it would be reasonable to expect it to fix the syntax errors. Before rushing off to change things to accommodate bash 3.2, it's worth checking if the fix will work with other shells.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net