Re: [bug #18136] MC wont work with new bash-3.2 propeply with all directories.
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov gmx net>
- To: Thomas Dickey <dickey his com>
- Cc: MC development <mc-devel gnome org>, Leonard den Ottolander <leonard den ottolander nl>
- Subject: Re: [bug #18136] MC wont work with new bash-3.2 propeply with all directories.
- Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 14:04:34 +0200 (EET)
On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Thomas Dickey wrote:
On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
Yes, I read that comment. However I'm not prepared to start breaking the
functionality of shells that I never use.
This is a rather strange statement. As a developer you should try to
go beyond your personal preferences. Changes to the subshell shall be
tested with all supported shells and on as many platforms as possible.
From Chet Ramey's statement it is clear that using printf is the right
thing to do.
That's his statement. Jim Meyering's comment is more reasonable.
His comment is related to coreutils and not bash. Anyway, he still
agrees that "printf" should be used. If this is the way to go why
shall we wait ?
] [Thread Prev