Re: Midnight Commander mod with Colorer-take5 syntax engine

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:

Hello Pavel,

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 17:26 +0300, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
Yes it will take a lot of work - colorer is written entirely in C++ .
Thus there is a thin wrapper to translate from C to C++ and vice
versa. In my opinion this is not a big deal and a necessary sacrifice.

I'm not sure what you say here: Is it a necessary sacrifice to port
syntax-colorer.cpp to c or is it a necessary sacrifice to include c++
code into the tree? I'd rather go for the first option.

You cannot avoid the inclusion of C++ code. colorer is written
in C++ and as such it cannot be linked directly with MC. You'll
need a wrapper which must be compiled with C++ compiler. We can
discuss however where to put that code ? It can be moved into
a directory of its own or it can be left where it is now.