Re: Makeing the subshell reliable

Hi Pavel,

On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 16:54 +0300, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jul 2006, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> I also don't remember having major trouble with the subshell myself but
> then there are enough records in this mailing list and in other places
> which testify that the subshell is causing a lot of confusion.

Maybe, but as you say, nothing serious has come up.

> A lot of
> efforts were thrown in an attempt to solve the unsolvable "The shell is
> already running a command" problem for example.

Maybe we just don't understand this stuff well enough ;-) . This still
feels like an "incomplete logic" issue to me.

> 2) The state of the subshell is not tracked. This could be
>     improved but I don't think its worth the effort, IMO.

So are you saying the state could be tracked better but should not be
because it's too much effort?

> P.S. It's sad that not so many people joined the discussion :(

As long as the input is valuable :) .

Leonard.