Re: Makeing the subshell reliable

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 04:29:35PM +0300, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> There are several features which are consistent source of problems:
>
> My opinion is that we should remove both features from the subshell.
>
>    * the subshell prompt retrieval - this one is widely known to be
>      unreliable.

could you be more precise about that? do you mean the shell's cwd or the
actual prompt string?

>    * execution of commands typed at MC's prompt widget trough the
>      subshell

read my lips: NO WAY IN HELL. ;)
this is one of the few actual selling points of mc over all the other
nice file managers. it's just a pity that it does not work in the other
direction as well. the only problem i have is mc permanently
mis-detecting that the shell is busy, but that is worked around by
"ctrl-o enter ctrl-o alt-p enter".