Re: LGPL code using GPL code

Hello Miguel,

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 21:27, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> For any code that I wrote (you might check the CVS logs) I can grant
> relicensing rights to the code under the LGPL.

Well, that's a great start (assuming there is need to distribute vfs
under the LGPL separately ;) ). Is this grant for the whole files or
just the affected functions? I.e. do we need to separate the affected
functions out?

And of course there is the issue of other people touching those
files/functions. I believe everybody touching those files should grant
such relicensing rights. Not sure how we should handle cases where the
original author of patches is not named in the change logs.

> > src/execute.c:
> > shell_execute
>
> I dont remember that one.

Created by Pavel Roskin, 2003-06-22. Only touched by Pavel Shirshov and
Roland afaict.

<snip>

> > src/slint.c:
> > disable_interrupt_key
> > enable_interrupt_key
> > got_interrupt
>
> I believe I implemented those.

Touched by quite a few others as well.

> > decompress_extension
>
> Jakub most likely did this and a few others.

Jakub, do you have any objections against relicensing the parts
necessary for vfs to LGPL?

<snip>

> For the record, I dont object to move any of my contributions from GPL
> to LGPL if it serves the team's effort.

That is good to know. Thanks. Any idea about the opinion on this matter
of the others you mention?

Leonard.