LGPL code using GPL code

Hi,

Although we haven't had an answer on Andrew Samoilov's request to
Jindrich Novy from Red Hat for legal advise on whether LGPL code can use
GPL functions legally I think Roland is correct in assuming this is not
the case. Compare
http://www.fsf.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#IfLibraryIsGPL .

We might want to decide to change all the relevant code in vfs to GPL.
Probably a good idea to release a tarball before the change, so people
can easily find the last LGPL version if they want to work from that.
This is mainly a formality.

Any thoughts on when such a transition should take place?

Leonard.