Re: [OT] Re: rename improvement

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 17:30, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> > And now friendly back to the request. I still like to see that feature
> > in Midnight Commander and this is a serious request.
>
> Which request?  If you mean Shift-F6, try Options -> Learn Keys and
> configure F16.

hm, should it do something ? i don't see the point to learn my shift key
since it is a common key used on 100% of all machines, no fancy things
that need to be learned. on the otherhand i don't see anything under
learn keys that should bring me the requested rename feature.

gabucino here on this list obviously has the same issues with mc than i
have.

> If it doesn't work, report the problem with all usual details ("mc -V",
> OS, $TERM, the actual terminal name and version, what you do, what you
> expect to get and what you actually get).

;------------------------
mc -V

GNU Midnight Commander 4.6.0a
Virtual File System: tarfs, extfs, cpiofs, ftpfs, fish, undelfs
With builtin Editor
Using included S-Lang library with terminfo database
With subshell support as default
With support for background operations
With mouse support on xterm
With support for X11 events
With internationalization support

;------------------------
OS

Linux ulixys 2.4.20-xfs #2 Thu Feb 13 06:11:31 CET 2003 i686 unknown
unknown GNU/Linux

TERM

linux

When pressing Shift in console I don't get any switched options e.g.
pressing Shift+F6 over an file does nothing here. I recall that
Shift+Something used to do something but I never cared actually. Other
programs for console does Shift support correctly on switching options.
Such as Biew.