Re: Bug with fish and '$' in file names

Bernhard Walle wrote:
On Fri, 01 Nov 2002 at 15:36 (+0200), Andrew V. Samoilov wrote:

Bernhard Walle wrote:

if I want to delete a file which contains '$' in its name (e.g. as
generated by the Java compiler) on a fish vfs (SSH), it simply does
not work.
Also copying does not work correct. If I copy Test$.class from a local
file system to a fish file system, the result is Test.class (the '$'
is omitted).

I tried it with the newest mc-4.6.0-pre1 and with mc-4.5.55, both have
the same problem. If I copy the file simply with scp, it works.

Can you test attached patch?

Yes, it works without problems. Thanks for the quick response.

Complete version of this patch can be downloaded from
http://arc.linux.zp.ua/mc/fish.c.patch.gz

--
Regards,
Andrew V. Samoilov