Re: %config for files under /usr/share.
- From: Pavel Roskin <proski gnu org>
- To: "Andrew V. Samoilov" <kai cmail ru>
- Cc: GNU Midnight Commander Development team <mc-devel gnome org>
- Subject: Re: %config for files under /usr/share.
- Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 11:40:58 -0500 (EST)
> - Drop %config from files under /usr/share - users are not supposed to
> edit them. Local copies under ~/.mc should be used for that.
> At least mc.menu, mc.ext and cedit.menu can be edited by administrators
> from MC itself. Also I often add key sequences to system wide mc.lib,
> and it is planed to use it for color schemas.
I really don't care about this. I know that the distributors have their
own specfiles and their own opinion on the matter. Our specfile only
matters for those who install our rpm files from ibiblio.org or generate
them from mc tarballs.
Please change mc.spec.in the way you want it to be, and I won't change it
as long as I can generate working packages from the tarballs.
] [Thread Prev