Re: --with-samba problems
- From: "Andrew V. Samoilov" <sav bcs zp ua>
- To: Pavel Roskin <proski gnu org>
- Cc: mc-devel gnome org, mc listserv bat ru, Walery Studennikov <despair sama ru>
- Subject: Re: --with-samba problems
- Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 23:19:35 +0300
To Walery: as for me it is nothing wrong for mc if there is not smb.conf
in the system at all.
: > > 4) Distribution size. Why distribute all that code if samba provides a
: > > shared library?
Great! Just download another 5.9 MB. But anyway it is move in right direction.
: > Last time, when I looked into samba, that was the problem - there were no
: > shared library for samba. Also, it was(AFAIK) a problem with all the expor-
: > ted functions, which poluted namespace.
: Now, if you rename smbwrapper.so to libsmbwrapper.so and link mc against
: it instead on the code from vfs/samba, only few symbols are unresolved:
: from vfs/smbfs.c:
: DEBUGLEVEL smb_len smb_buf
Easy to fix if there will be WITH_SMBLIB macro.
: from libsmbwrapper.so:
: real_llseek real_lstat64 real_readdir64 real_fstat64 real_stat64
: real_pwrite real_pread
I think they can be copied from samba source to smbfs.c.
] [Thread Prev