Microblogging Workflow

Hi all,

I do most of the GNOME microblogging, but I often find it difficult to
do it effectively. One reason for this is that there currently isn't a
way to schedule a post. I'll often think of things that need posting
at times when they won't get exposure, or I'll think of three
different posts all at once. I really need a way to schedule
microblogging posts.

Our microblogging posts are currently published on Identi.ca. From
there they are pushed to Twitter, and from Twitter to Facebook. I've
been unable to find an Ident.ca client that allows scheduling (they do
exist for Twitter). This leaves two options that I can see:

1. Change our workflow so that we publish posts on Twitter and push
them to Identi.ca from there. Then use a Twitter client with
scheduling capabilities.

2. Use the gnome.org Wordpress install to schedule microblogging posts
and push them to Twitter.

The second option seems nicer to me, because it gives us a common
shared platform for publishing news. I'm imagining that we'd have to
install a plugin and create a separate news category for
microblogging. Potential downside: we clutter the Wordpress install
with lots of microblogging guff.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Allan
--