Re: push back on negative articles

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 09:54:56AM -0500, Brian Cameron wrote:
> the userbase that wants it.  The GNOME community could, I think, be more
> clear and proactive about how GNOME 2 and "GNOME Fallback" will be
> supported going forward.

Any GNOME release is supported for about 6 months.

GNOME 2: is not supported (6 months passed with the release of 3.0).

GNOME fallback was discussed various month ago. It needs to be supported
upto 3.8 at which point hopefully llvmpipe is good enough + OpenBSD
might support non-llvmpipe. After 3.6 the progress on that will be
checked again. Llvmpipe will not be the perfect answer in any forseeable
future.

Various commercial offerings might support any particular GNOME version
and/or components for loads of years. But that's completely different
(your bugs will be closed on GNOME Bugzilla, not on a distro).

--
Regards,
Olav