Re: Any chance to move your MLs to Google Groups?

On Thu, August 16, 2012 11:27 am, Andre Klapper wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-08-16 at 15:41 +0300, alex diavatis wrote:
>> Gnome uses Twitter etc.
>
> I see a difference here: Gnome uses Twitter, but it does not *rely* on
> it, while mailing lists are a critical infrastructure part.
> Gnome could theoretically not use Twitter as there would be still
> Identi.ca (free and open), Google Plus and Facebook for spreading short
> messages.

I agree with a lot that has been said here, and would add that when GNOME
uses Twitter, we generally do so via Identi.ca, so that our dents are
pushed through to Twitter and indicated as such, which is a nice little
plug for freedom too. I think it's important to choose all of our services
carefully.

Thanks for raising the initial question, Alex, and everyone else for
chiming in.

karen