Re: Fallback / Classic Mode

Let's not get into arguments over this.  I think it is a little late to be talking about running GNOME 3/Shell over VNC and virtual appliances.  We have a release in less than 3 weeks.  If someone is interested in this problem and interested in working on this messaging then please step up and volunteer.  I believe it is a hole, but right now we have resources committed to the release.

Definitely though, after the release we need to think about:

a) improving shell experience on VMware/VirtualBox/KVM whatever.  That's something we can control.. If we can improve 3D on virtual machine that's just good for everyone and we can work on that after the release.

b) I've been re-thinking the VNC issue, and I think that this doesn't matter too much.  Most enterprise environments (who I think use VNC the most) want a stable environment, and GNOME 3 is a large enough change that it will require a lot longer for them to evaluate whether to bring it in.  Training, documentation all comes into play in these corporate environments.  But we will need to come up with an answer for this scenario over time.

Hope that makes sense.  So, let's drop the issue for now unless someone wants to volunteer doing it and which case.. talk to us on #marketing, I can help.