Re: getting a domain of srilanaka.gnome.org
- From: Christer Edwards <christer edwards gmail com>
- To: Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl>
- Cc: fred beijinglug org, bckurera gmail com, gnome-infrastructure gnome org, gugmasters-list gnome org, marketing-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: getting a domain of srilanaka.gnome.org
- Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 06:55:22 -0600
On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 6:37 AM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
> It first starts off with 'events'. Wordpress doesn't do 'events'. It is
> going to be wasteful if we spend time setting something up if apparently
> everything is fine (plain HTML and Wordpress).
> E.g. with a CMS or Wordpress I don't see anyone handling conferences..
> maybe some plugin exists, but if we don't know, we (sysadmins) won't
> plan for it (or even have time for it).
> Please give some thought to what is really needed. We might not be able
> to provide it, but at least we'll know up front.
Wordpress has plugins for *everything*. I'm sure we can find one for
events and registrations. I may have some time today to look for a
plugin, but I may need a reminder.
] [Thread Prev