Re: Fwd: Software Freedom Day
- From: Brian Cameron <brian cameron oracle com>
- To: Sandy Armstrong <sanfordarmstrong gmail com>
- Cc: marketing-list <marketing-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Fwd: Software Freedom Day
- Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 17:32:44 -0500
On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 14:48 -0600, Stormy Peters wrote:
* Develop software that can replace centralized services and
data storage with distributed software and data deployment,
giving control back to users.
Check. Users can install their own Snowy instance if they don't want to
use Tomboy Online, which is GNOME's centralized service.
As Snowy isn't really a social networking site, and the main point is
to put your existing local data on the web, decentralization is less
applicable (compared to online services where your data is locked into
Is it possible for users to export their data in some simple standard
format (such as comma-separated-value) so that it can be easily
exported into other programs (such as a spreadsheet program)?
] [Thread Prev