Re: Fwd: Software Freedom Day

Here's the Franklin Street statement:�http://autonomo.us/2008/07/franklin-street-statement/

Developers
�of network service software are encouraged to:

  • Use the�GNU Affero GPL, a license designed specifically for network service software, to ensure that users of services have the ability to examine the source or implement their own service.
  • Develop freely-licensed alternatives to existing popular but non-Free network services.
  • Develop software that can replace centralized services and data storage with distributed software and data deployment, giving control back to users.
Service providers�are encouraged to:
  • Choose Free Software for their service.
  • Release customizations to their software under a Free Software license.
  • Make data and works of authorship available to their service�s users under legal terms and in formats that enable the users to move and use their data outside of the service. This means:
    • Users should control their private data.
    • Data available to all users of the service should be available under terms approved for�Free Cultural Works�or�Open Knowledge.

I think Tomboy follows its principles pretty closely. Paul, can you comment?�

Stormy