Re: Urgent - Screenshots needed

On Monday 04 October 2010 17:49:16 Paul Cutler wrote:
> Hi GNOME Marketing Team!
>
> I received an email from the Desktop Summit 2011 team late yesterday with
> an urgent request for a website they are building targeting the press that
> is going up Wed.  From the email:
>
> Could you please help out with two-three screenshots representative for
> what GNOME software is about? One for desktop form factor, one for
> handheld, one for tablet, perhaps also some demo video embedddable from
> vimeo, youtube and similar? Thanks. Idea is to give journalists some
> easy-to-pick nice pictures/videos to use in their writings

In general, having a page with some nice screenshots (compare for example what
KDE has here: http://kde.org/workspaces/plasmadesktop/ ) would be very
helpful. I am trying to create a 'slideshow' with cool GNOME screenshots but
there are a few things making it harder:
- no good 'official' screenshots on gnome.org (that I know off) and most
screenshots I can find are not with the default GNOME look and feel
- GNOME3 screenshots are a bit outdated.

I have installed a clean GNOME install on openSUSE but that's also not
vanilla, with the modified panel setup and all. It's fine for openSUSE promo
purpose, of course - but not for general GNOME. I will share what I have made
once it is done - but note that it will be openSUSE, not vanilla.