Re: Annual gift Friends Of Gnome (Please reply asap)

@Calum: The problem is that there are strict guidelines for 3D printing, so this was the only good option to include the letters, also I got a lot of good reactions on the design itself, and I love to include the "GNOME" in it.
Also the text on the border will be changed to Friends of GNOME on printing.

Although raising the number might not be a bad idea.

Regarding the sending of the statues, If everything is a go, I want to contact Shapeways to see if we can make a company deal, so they will ship them to the people, if we provide them with a list (would be the best thing to do per 10 or per 20 subscriptions).

I would suggest raising to 200 a year, but not more, since the "limited edition" status would not make a big impact.

If this is a go, I can contact Shapeways to see what is possible.
Also who do I need to contact regarding the financial stuff?

Thanks for the quick reply's

Joey

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Og Maciel <ogmaciel gnome org> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Paul Cutler <pcutler gnome org> wrote:
> I would strongly recommend not limiting this to 100 - I think once we
> reach 100 people will just opt-out of subscribing and the goal is to
> get to 400.  I'd rather not see us discriminate, such as for people
> who may not hear about the gift right away.

Not discrimination but a way to make it a "hot" offer... maybe
increase the number then to a higher number than 100
--
Og B. Maciel
GNOME Foundation Board of Directors

omaciel foresightlinux org