Re: Branding of GNOME-hosted Tomboy Online

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 7:31 AM, Paul Cutler <pcutler gnome org> wrote:
> I don't know (or can't think of right now, darn this head cold) a
> sub-branding strategy that might work.  I know this is tactical, but
> even in the "About" page on Tomboy Online I'd think we can give
> attribution to GNOME and how Tomboy Online is hosted on the GNOME
> infrastructure or ask for donations there.

Yes, I should have mentioned that I definitely envision prominent
"Hosted by GNOME" (or something similar) branding on the Tomboy Online
site.  I have no desire to hide the association with GNOME, and in
fact, I want to make it clear that GNOME is in the web game.

Once we have a Grand Unified Branding strategy, I could see a banner
that says "Tomboy Online: A GNOME Online Joint", or "GNOME Online
Brings You: Tomboy Online", or whatever.  But I am clearly not a
designer. :-P

> Lastly, if and when we have more GNOME web services, we could discuss a
> more unified branding strategy, but right now as Tomboy is the first
> AGPL service GNOME is launching, I'd recommend going forward with Tomboy
> Online.

That really does seem like the most agile approach to me, too.

Sandy