Re: Friends of GNOME website copy

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 6:07 AM, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jzb zonker net> wrote:
> Silly question - was GCDS funded by FoG at all? I thought that GCDS
> was pretty much funded by corporate sponsors.

GCDS and GUADEC are both sponsored 100% by corporate donations and
bring in enough to help with other things throughout the year.

> Also, why limit to 2009? We're mid-way through 2010, or close, and we
> already know FoG is going to allow us to hire a system
> administrator... we probably ought to mention that, even if that
> fiscal year isn't over.

Maybe we could just say something like "In the past year"

> A quick crack, others have any points?
>
> Funds from the Friends of GNOME Program make it possible for the GNOME
> Project to:
>
> * Bring GNOME contributors to Zaragoza, Spain for a marketing hackfest
> and meeting with regional government about Free Software.
> * Send GNOME accessibility (a11y) team members to the San Diego a11y hackfest.
> * Raise enough funds to hire a system administrator for GNOME's infrastructure.
> * Conduct a GNOME usability hackfest in London.
> * Improve documentation with a Documentation Hackfest in Owen Sound.
>
> ###
>
> Other thoughts? AFAIK, and I might be wrong on this, event funding has
> mostly come from corporate donors. Is that separate from FoG? If so,
> we might not want to mix the two and suggest FoG is funding something
> that the corporate sponsors have funded.

I like your list. It's easy to tell which events are 100% corporate
funded. So the a11y hackfest was pretty much covered by the Mozilla
donation. Although the new a11y hackfest in Sevilla at AEGIS could be
listed (once it happens.) And I'm not sure the Documentation Hackfest
got funding from us ... The rest are all good to mention as FoG.
There's also the GSettings hackfest - we paid for travel for that one.

Stormy