Re: Friends of GNOME website copy

On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Paul Cutler <pcutler gnome org> wrote:
> (Oops, must have hit a shortcut key for send, sorry about that)
>
> Anyone want to take a try at updating some of the copy on the Friends of
> GNOME[1] website?

> We should update that for 2009.  Maybe talk about GCDS and some of the
> hackfests[2]?

Silly question - was GCDS funded by FoG at all? I thought that GCDS
was pretty much funded by corporate sponsors.

Also, why limit to 2009? We're mid-way through 2010, or close, and we
already know FoG is going to allow us to hire a system
administrator... we probably ought to mention that, even if that
fiscal year isn't over.

A quick crack, others have any points?

Funds from the Friends of GNOME Program make it possible for the GNOME
Project to:

* Bring GNOME contributors to Zaragoza, Spain for a marketing hackfest
and meeting with regional government about Free Software.
* Send GNOME accessibility (a11y) team members to the San Diego a11y hackfest.
* Raise enough funds to hire a system administrator for GNOME's infrastructure.
* Conduct a GNOME usability hackfest in London.
* Improve documentation with a Documentation Hackfest in Owen Sound.

###

Other thoughts? AFAIK, and I might be wrong on this, event funding has
mostly come from corporate donors. Is that separate from FoG? If so,
we might not want to mix the two and suggest FoG is funding something
that the corporate sponsors have funded.

Best,

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jzb zonker net>
About: http://www.dissociatedpress.net/about/