Re: gnome miro community

On 01/20/2010 01:06 PM, Dave Neary wrote:
Hi,

will kahn-greene wrote:
Is it the case that anyone can use Gnome branding?

Absolutely not. Any commercial use of GNOME branding requires an
agreement. What Sven refers to as "fair use" is using GNOME brands to
refer to GNOME, or the GNOME community.

Just for clarification, I work for PCF and PCF maintains the system that Gnome Miro Community is on, but the software is a Django app released under the AGPL. I can get it moved to any system you want. I'm running Gnome Miro Community in my free time because I thought it would help Gnome--this is not a PCF endeavor.

I'm more than happy to share the responsibilities curating the site. I'm happy to pass the torch if you folks think someone else is better suited for the work.

In this case, I don't think there would be any problem - the only
potential issues for brand reuse I can see there are including videos
not related to GNOME, or inappropriate for the GNOME brand. But then
Miro is not (yet?) a porn distribution network.

This Miro Community is set up such that all submitted videos have to be accepted by a curator (admin). I think that's true of user comments, too.

I hope Gnome Miro Community doesn't turn into a porn site.

That's great!  I'm not in any rush.  I'll just keep on keeping on for
the time being.

There are a number of related resources like screencasts which would
also be appropriate for inclusion. This isn't complete, but it is a few
of them:

http://projects.gnome.org/accessibility/screencasts.html
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Screencasts
http://live.gnome.org/Accerciser#tutorials
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xaktya_gnomeshell-screencast_tech
http://showmedo.com/videotutorials/GNOME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLx4LiMtM4Y&feature=youtu.be&a

There are lots here:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=screencast+GNOME&oe=utf-8&rls=com.ubuntu:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=MjpXS5GGLMuv4QaP74i2Aw&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCMQqwQwAw#

I'll work through these soon.

Thank you!

/will