Re: gnome miro community

On 01/20/2010 09:44 AM, Paul Cutler wrote:
On 01/19/2010 05:00 PM, will kahn-greene wrote:

>> Can I use some of the Gnome branding on the site?  In particular, I'd
>> love to put the Gnome foot in the banner instead of the "I have
>> no icon" image.

Regarding the logo, this page has some guidelines:
http://live.gnome.org/BrandGuidelines.

I should have mentioned that I've seen that page. I don't think it states the licensing of those logos and it doesn't talk about who can use them and whether there are any restrictions for what they can be used with. The thing that page does cover is what's allowed in terms of derivatives of the foot logo and what transformations can be applied.

So unless I'm reading that page wrong or I'm missing something, it doesn't answer my question.

Is it the case that anyone can use Gnome branding?

We have plans to use video as a marketing tool this year for the GNOME
3.0 launch.  I'm hopeful we'll have more details and start to work on a
plan in the next 30 days.

That's great! I'm not in any rush. I'll just keep on keeping on for the time being.

The only issue that exists right now is that short of a few dents and a blog entry from John (J5), I don't think there's been much mention of the Gnome Miro Community site. I don't think many people know about it. If the plan involves using Gnome Miro Community, the plan also needs to make the site more prominent.

/will